Formerly known as "Cruzers in Korea"

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Facebook: 25 Random Things

Sunday, February 8, 2009


Okay.  I've succumbed to the pressure.  For those of you that aren't on Facebook (get with the times man!) here's my list of 25 (actually 28) Random Things that I recently posted on Facebook.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

One of the items in #1-6 is not true. Can you figure out which one?

1. I've never seen "Gone With The Wind" or "Casablanca".

2. I won the National Collegiate Boxing Championship in 1991.

3. My shoe caught on fire at a recent party I threw.

4. I won a beauty contest in Mexico.

5. I don't like kim chi.

6. My last fist fight was in 1992 in the parking lot after attending a Def Leppard concert.

7. I've been blowing off those Blue Cove, Green Patch, Pillow Fight, Snowball whatever requests on Facebook. I dig Facebook to catch up with friends, but all that other stuff, I just don't see the point. Can I get an amen?

8. I've made a recent discovery. When someone begins a sentence with, "Not to be rude" or "I don't mean to pry", that means they are about to be rude or they are about to pry.

9. I don't mean to brag (this means I'm about to brag), but I have a fantastic sex life. When Carol participates, it's even better.

10. I'm very proud of the fact that all the Cruz men have served or are still serving their country. I'm not sure what my sister's problem is. Just kidding Darby.

11. I can pull out my nose hairs without flinching.

12. I've somehow managed to write about poo in the last several Christmas letters.

13. My greatest strength is my humility.

14. My greatest weakness is that I'm too dang awesome.

15. I really don't care about money all that much.

16. Not sure what I did to deserve Carol but she really is too dang awesome. She puts up with my silliness, supports me in every possible way and says yes to the tickle pickle sometimes even though I know she'd rather be sleeping. I thank God every day for her and my two boys, CJ and Jake.

17. Some of my favorite possessions are my wooden cross that I got in Israel, my green flight jacket, my photographs and videos of family and friends and my fishing poles and tackle box.


18. We might not have been very tight when we were kids but I can't imagine my siblings being any closer than we are now. The worst part of spending time with my brothers and sister is knowing that we eventually have to say good bye.

19. I don't really miss flying all that much. What I do miss a whole heck of a lot is flying with Nancy, Knobby, Hoss and Whip.

20. About two years ago, I realized something huge about my life. In all aspects of my life, I've always aspired to do my very best. Whether it was work, physical accomplishments, education - it didn't matter. Always reach for the top with no half-assed efforts. Leading my troops, flying strike missions, ship qualifications, getting my master's degree, boxing, running marathons - you name it. Excellence was the name of the game. Except in one very important category - my spirituality. I've always been a spiritual person but for no good reason, I wasn't giving my relationship with God the same level of attention and effort that I was giving less important aspects in my life. A very good friend opened my eyes to this and it's made an incredible difference in my life.

21. I love those people that bring a lot of energy and laughs to a place simply because of their presence and being themselves.

22. Carol and I have been told on a number of occasions that we throw a heck of a party.

23. This internet thing is kinda cool and I guess it's gonna be around for a little while longer. It's incredibly dangerous though. You guys out there know what I'm talking about. Getting on certain websites when no one is around and having those CDs or secret files you don't want your wife or girlfriend seeing. If no one has ever told you, well, you've heard it here then - you can't properly honor and love your wife or girlfriend unless you get rid of that stuff and stop looking at those websites. It ain't a good thing to objectify women. Would you want someone looking at those kind of pics or videos of your wife or daughter? I'm off my soapbox now.

24. I absolutely love the fact that CJ is into some of the same things that I was into when I was a kid. Star Wars, Transformers, superheroes, comics, Star Blazers and Legos. We try to watch as many of the superhero movies as possible.

25. When I feel flatulence boiling up in my nether regions, I do my best to let CJ or Jake pull my finger because they love it so much. I don't do it around Carol though because she has good sense.

BONUS MATERIAL: I'm adding #26-28 because #5, 13 and 14 don't count because they were just jokes and not true.

26. Goals: To learn a lot more about the Bible than I currently know, to raise CJ and Jake to be good men and to write a book one day. My other goals? That's none of your beeswax.

27. Every now and then, CJ and I have our sit down talks about being a man. We discuss things like looking people in the eye, firm handshakes, how to treat women, etc.

28. I'm thinking the dude or dudette that came up with this 25 Random Things idea is laughing his head off that he actually got folks to participate. I guess it's not surprising to me since people do like to talk about themselves. Cue in Toby Keith's awesome song, "I Wanna Talk About Me". If you haven't heard this song, listen to it today and listen to it a couple of times. Even if you don't like country music, this one will make you smile.

Have a great day everyone!  C2

2 comments:

Emmy

This makes me laugh out loud! Carol and Chris... it was so great spending time with you while you lived here. We are lucky to have shared many moments together!

The Cruzers

Em - We feel the same way about you guys. I'm sure we'll cross paths again. Not sure when, but it'll happen! Chris

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates. Blog Templates created by Web Hosting